The vision of the Olive Tree Church is to ENJOY GOD, LOVE PEOPLE, RELEASE POTENTIAL and IMPACT COMMUNITY
We believe that people who learn to Enjoy God during the ups and downs of life, will bear the fruit of that relationship. If God is love, then being with Him will rub off on you. Our first goal is to help people enjoy God so that they will love those around them.
Secondly, we believe that each person has been designed uniquely, with gifts, passions and talents that they have been given to impact their communities. Our role as a church is to help release the potential that exists in every person so that they are both able and inspired to use whatever God has given them to impact our city.
WE ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!
WE’D LOVE TO HELP YOU GET MORE CONNECTED THIS WEEK!
CLICK BELOW FOR YOUR BEST NEXT STEP
CHURCH AT HOME
Even in this season where we may be apart physically, the power of a courageous community is that we can still stay connected!
No matter where you are right now—whether in you are in Durban or not, we would love to connect with you!
JOIN US FOR OUR SUNDAY SERVICES LIVE AT 8:15AM
Due to regulations changing around gatherings, we will now be able to host small in-person services again.
Numbers are limited and all regulations will be followed, so make sure to book your spot!
113 Florida Road
36 Village Road
The time has arrived for us to gather in our new building. After years and years of prayer and an incredibly generous community, we can now celebrate in a meeting place to worship together, grow in the word and serve our community.
We hope you will join us for either of our 2 services on a Sunday morning.
8:00 & 9:30
Please keep an eye on our social media channels if you would like to stay up to date with us.
We’re so excited that our North Coast community has joined with Co-Church
CLICK THROUGH THESE TABS TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHERE YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
We believe that everyone should have the chance to explore the Christian faith, ask questions and share their point of view. Wherever they are in the world.
Alpha is a series of eleven sessions that explores life, spirituality and the Christian faith in a fun and non-judgmental environment.
Whether you’re just checking it out, new to faith, exploring spirituality or just want to make some new friends, you are invited.
We believe real life change happens in Life Groups and more specifically, courageous communities.
A courageous community is one that trusts God to place them into the right relationships to be blessed, and to be used for their good and His glory. When people trust God to knit them into the right community, they become more open to God speaking through or using those around them to impact their lives. This is what we are hoping for, for our church.
To take the first step into community, sign up for one of the courses below or sign up to join one of our Life Groups, who are currently meeting weekly via Zoom from homes across our city.
Grow groups are courses that we run 3 times a year for 6 – 9 weeks a term. Each grow group is part of an overall ministry and so there is a next step at the end of each grow group cycle.
To sign up for one of our upcoming courses click signup below.
While we can’t gather in our Kids Church room’s on a Sunday, we can still have an incredible time learning about God, growing in relationship with Him and learning how to share His love with the world!
If you would like a low data solution to receiving our Kids Church material, Please email Elzanne to be added to our mailing list
We are must be the best Young Adults ministry we know, and so we would love to welcome you on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm!
If you want to get a feel for who we are, where we come from and how you can grow in our community, you need to attend a Get connected class. Get Connected will help you to find a group and a ministry to serve in as well as giving you a clear picture of who’s who in our church
If you really want to get to know people, get into the kitchen with them. This is where you get to be part of the family. Our Hospitality teams are where the magic of building relationships whilst serving happens.
WE ARE DURBAN
We are Durban is our social justice side of the church. We are Durban Exists to Empower Social Dignity Organisations to excel in their mandate.
We serve the Social dignity organisations in 3 ways:
- Providing relevant, professional conferences for the heads of the organisations to equip and network them
- Providing inducted and prepared volunteers who add value to the organisations
- Liaising with the municipality on projects that further the causes of the organisations
If you’d like to learn more about We Are Durban, you can go to their website.
It is now easier than ever to get access to our sermons via podcasts.
Search “Olive Tree Church” on your favourite podcast platform or on one of our three favourites below, and have access to all our sermons.
FLORIDA ROAD SITE
FNB, Musgrave Branch – 221126
Account Number 50900007391
FNB, Musgrave Branch – 221126
Account Number 62375306480
FNB, Musgrave Branch – 221126
Account Number 62813159094
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ (International Donations)
Our goal is to plant 10 sites throughout the city of Durban, each working collectively to both reach and transform the city at large.
Olive Tree Church currently partners with We Are Durban, City Story and Florida Road UIP. Our goal is to release 5000 volunteers through our sites and these partners to bring change to the city.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, in their original writing, as fully inspired of God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of sin which is death physically and spiritually; that all human beings inherit a sinful nature which issues (in the case of those who reach moral responsibility) in actual transgression involving personal guilt.
- With regards to sexual behaviour, we believe in heterosexual relationship between a natural man and a natural woman within the confines of lawful matrimony.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus, His ascension into heaven, and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who repent of their sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirit, empowering and equipping believers for service. We believe in the ministry of all believers.
- With regards to submission to authority, we believe in the principle of being in authority because you are under authority. As such, it is understood that membership shall be subject to submission to authority in matters pertaining to church governance, doctrine and personal behaviour.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation.
- We believe that the one true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit; that the local church on earth should take its character from this concept of the church, and therefore, that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of church membership.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances- Baptism in water and the Lord’s supper to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith, that baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection and that the Lord’s supper is the partaking of the emblems symbolic of the Saviour’s broken body and shed blood, in remembrance of His sacrificial death, until he comes.
- We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of new birth and continuing until the consummation of salvation.